Had now some time to play around with the Android ports for the new AWAM releases, the finished Part 1 (v0.151) and the new one for Part2 (v1.60). But as already said in my main Mod post the transfer from Part 1 to Part 2 in Android does not work so easily and caused a bit headache…
But: I could at least now modify the two parts so that you can create a special transfer file at the end of part 1, copying it to part 2 manually and importing that when starting a new game in part 2
Well, this sounds a bit complicated (and it probably is…). But for me at least it worked. Here the steps more detailed:
– download and install both Android ports, for part 1 and part 2
– start both games at least ones and stop + quit them again (this creates some folders needed for the manual copying)
– start game part 1 again and play it till the game ends (Sophia end Liam sleeping in the bed). It should now show the original “End of Part 1”. Then some infos from me about the save transfer are following. Confirm that till game part 1 ends.
– Now the complicated part: you have to transfer a generated file from game part 1 to the game part 2. To do that you have to copy the file “KoGa3ImportSaveAWAM151.rpy” from the save folder from game part 1 (should be “(your device)\RenPy_Saves\com.koga3.com.awifeandmotherpart1” to the game folder from game part 2 (should be “(your device)\RenPy_Saves\com.koga3.com.awifeandmotherpart2\game\“.
– finally you can start part 2 and start there a new game. If everything worked out correctly, you should see the message “Info KoGa2: Imported the save transfer from the game part 1” and the game continues.
Small hint: the created file for the transfer is actually a *.rpy text file. If you feel confident enough, you can change some of the variables before importing it into part 2… But be aware that you have to know what to do there and this can of course brake something in the further playthrough – like game cheating in general.
Edit Aug. 25, 2022
Updated the port to the new game version v0.170